The island consists of 150 villages spread over four communes: Le Palais, Locmaria, Bangor and Sauzon.
There is a variety of landscapes between the wild and steep west side and the east coast, with its ports and long white sandy beaches.
Commune on which the houses of Kerdavid'île are located. Locmaria was founded in 1070 and is mainly devoted to agriculture.
It also offers spectacular coastal landscapes, with the highest cliffs on the island.Its atypical church dates back to the origins of the commune.
Sauzon is famous for its harbour with its colourful houses which are a delight for painters and photographers !
The harbour still hosts some fishing boats, and has a growing marina activity.
The territory to the west, with its jagged coastline and impressive cliffs, such as the famous Aiguilles de Port Coton.
Donnant beach is also well known for its surfing.